Sunday, March 23, 2008

Turning My Head Inside Out

For the last several days, I've been playing catch up with k.d. lang's back catalogue of albums. In short, I simply cannot believe what the hell I've been missing out on. So far, I am really seriously digging her Invincible Summer cd. It's very dreamy, & very reflective of a time when she was madly in love with the person she was with at the time. Her music is literally turning my head inside out, making me feel very dreamy - which is such a pisces thing, wistful,longing & very hyper for warmer climates again. So many "oh my god!!" moments, they're just tumbling out all over the place. I don't know what it is about music, but by God, when it gets ahold of me, it doesn't let go; it's making me want to run away to somewhere warm, it's like a shiny new crush & I tend to be rather passionate about my crushes. It doesn't hurt that k.d. is a rather handsome looking chick.

So the reason for this latest post is just this. What is it about k.d. langs' music that has turned me into a big blob of mush, her lyrics & melodies wash over me like a warm summer breeze hugging me, then again I guess I always have been a dreamer. It's making me feel like I want to go running along a beach by the ocean, to be in the first blush of love with someone, lord I live in such a dream world sometimes, but then, given the realities of "the real world" in which we live in, my dream world is a far more fun place to be, is it any wonder why I constantly have that wonderlust to run away? Not that my little area of the real world is all that bad, it's just not as exciting enough at the moment & I wish it was. Since I've returned from my trip it all just feels so mundane & boring, I desparately need more excitement in my life, more fun. I really would like to surround myself with like minded people, wish I knew where to find them.

I really love when music does that to me, that's why I love music so much, when somethng hits me, it gets into my bloodstream & into my soul & just tends to lift my spirits to a whole new level. Music is a great picker-upper for when you're feeling down or sad or whatever mood might strike you. They should prescribe music instead of drugs to cure people. Or am I just weird like that? I don't know.

5 comments:

kennedyflair said...

You've been bitten by the k.d. bug-you'll never be the same! Hey, why don't you combine travel and k.d.? She doing dates in Europe in the summer.......Shelley

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Oh maaan,I think I definitely agree with you about being by the k.d bug, absolutely! I wish I could afford to go & do that, unfortunately, I have to work & save up for my next adventure, wherever that might be!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janina said...

I got hit with the kd but during Ingenue and it's keeps hitting me. I just saw her in NYC and I'm sure there will be more dates coming up in USA as well. Good luck and you have good taste.