Saturday, August 4, 2007

Major Life Changes

I've been thinking a lot about my life lately & the direction it's going in at the moment. I still like my job where I am, at least I think I do, but I have to say it's been really rough for the last six months, & even moreso in the last week or two, since someone I've become very close to left to go out to Kelowna BC. In fact, I've been thinking a lot lately about the possibility of moving out to Kelowna to follow my friend. It's a scary thought, a huge change in my life at this point in my life, during middle age. At the same time though, I have to think that the time has maybe come that I have to do this, because I just can't keep living with my parents forever.

I know at least I'd have a place to live, with my friend, so I wouldn't need to worry about that anyway. But there would be other expenses of course, & finding a job, which, according to her seems to be plentiful out there. Well we'll see about that, but for the time being, before I go jumping into anything, I'm thinking about it a lot. The first thing I need to get out of my system is my trip to Australia, coming up next February & March. After I get back though, I'm really going to have to dig down to figure out, if I do move out to BC, the sheer cost of doing so. Which will be exorbitantly expensive, particularly since I don't really have a pot to piss in practically.

I really do feel that this is a whole new, different chapter in my life, a new twist & turn. It's really funny how life goes sometimes, you think you're going one way down the road of life & then it takes an unexpected U turn. I don't really know at this point where I'm going to be by the end of this year, but, as scary as it feels to possibly be considering moving to another province & starting a new life there, there's something in me that would really like to try it & see what happens, because I know I could always come back to Ontario again.

No comments: