Since I've been tagged by Karen, I present for you, my top 12 favorite movies in no particular order.
1. Steel Magnolias - Women bonding, it's such a fantastic movie, with lots of fantastic actresses. The scene in the beauty shop where Julia Robert's Shelby has her seizure, sealed it for me, it made me cry.
2. Sleepless in Seattle - The premise was funny, dreamy & so romantic. The soundtrack was beautiful. It made me want to fall in love with Tom Hanks
3. Hairspray - The original version, not the latest, "Hollywood-ised" version. The John Waters movie was funny, deliciously campy & entertaining.
4. Walk the Line - Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon as Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash were both brilliant in this film. Both played their characters brilliantly, the storyline of John & June's enduring love story compelling.
5. A Time to Kill - Matthew McConaughey & Sandra Bullock were in this compelling movie, it was so tense, it kept you on the edge of your seat. A lawyer and his assistant fighting to save a father on trial for murder. A time to question what they believe. A time to doubt what they trust. And no time for mistakes.(Description from IMDB)
6. Devine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood - Again, so many amazing actresses in this movie, Sandra Bullock & Ashley Judd are amazing, as is Ellen Burstyn & Maggie Smith. This period piece flashes back between modern & older times in the South. A beautifully told story.
7. The Notebook - Another beautifully, sweetly told romantic love story of an enduring love between two people. It moves between the past & the present. This is one movie that if it doesn't make you really believe in love, then there's something wrong with you.
8. Shawshank Redemption - An incredibly compelling movie, sometimes hard to watch, but it keeps you rooting for the main character, Andy Dufresne for all the hardship he endures in prison.
9. West Side Story - The story of the Sharks & the Jets, & the love between Tony & Maria was so brilliantly done in this movie. So many terrific songs. If only gang warfar was like that instead of what really goes on today.
10. Austin Powers- Man of Mystery & Spy Who Shagged Me - Of the three Austin Powers' movies, I liked the first two the best. Both were hysterically funny, the third, not so much, just because it started to delve just a bit into gross toilet humour, which was so not appealling. Mike Myers is a fantastic comedic actor - And, he's CANADIAN to boot!
11. Thelma and Louise - Another compelling female buddy movie, what starts out as a fun road trip, turns into a desparate, nightmare situation. Always keeps you rooting for Thelma & Louise.
12. Legally Blonde - Reese Witherspoon is another favorite actress, & she's so cute in this very light hearted movie, she plays Elle Woods to perfection in this movie.
I tag Annie next :-D