Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Era Has Come

I watched Barack Obama's inauguration yesterday, it was brilliant. President Obama is absolutely awe inspiring & I'm not even American. Our Canadian prime minister could learn a thing or two from Obama. His speech was enthralling I couldn't take my eyes off of him, listening to him speak, was mesmerizing, he's a very powerful speaker. And commanding. When he speaks, people sit up & listen; what sitting president can we say has had the same effect? It's been a very, very long time I'd say. My most favorite part of the whole speech, & it was all very good, was this part:

To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist

WOW! Just. Wow. ~ Yes. We. Can.

No comments: