Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Daily Rant For the Day

Otherwise known as things that annoy me/creep me out. I was out at the mall today, mostly just for something to do because I was bored & yet, as much as I really wanted to spend money on something (truthfully, I wanted some new undies), I just couldn't bring myself to whip out my debit card, which is odd for me, because I just didn't see anything that screamed, "I GOTTA HAVE IT" today. So fine; I'm walking along & in the opposite direction, this old-ish guy comes wizzing along in a motorized wheelchair. Now normally, I wouldn't give him a second glance, he's just another shopper out for the day. Except, I caught sight of his left hand & immediately felt ill because he had, on all FIVE fingers, long nails. Not just slightly long-ish, I'm talking ghetto long. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!! Now, I know that he's probably got some set of circumstances that he's found himself in that chair for, but I don't care who you are, long nails on any man except for drag queens is about the grossest thing ever!


The other thing that really annoyed me today was seeing that Rolling Stone magazine has put out it's list (yet another one), of the top 100 singers of all time. They had on a lot of people you'd expect would be on that kind of list, people such as Aretha Franklyn, who took the #1 spot, or Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Otis Redding, James Brown,Mick Jagger, Etta James, Johnny Cash, Jackie Wilson, Howlin' Wolf (ummm, who???), Bono, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguliera, Mariah Carey, & the list goes on, they even had Patsy Cline. They also had Steve Winwood. But what really pissed me off is the utterly shocking exception of kd lang!!!

Now, I know I've come into her music rather late in the game but I'm not mad because of that, I'm mad because she is undeniably one of the GREATEST singers I've ever laid ears on & they excluded her???? WTF Rolling Stone? WTF!?!?!?!? And yet, they have Steve fucking Winwood on that list?? No fucking way is he one of the greatest singers of all time, absolutely no way! Man that pisses me off! Amd Mariah Carey? Of all time? No! They also had Annie Lennox & Karen Carpenter on the list too, at numbers' 93 & 94 respectively & they sure as hell should've been a lot farther up the list than that stupid twit Mariah Carey! Oh the injustice of it all! Rolling Stone really screwed that up big time. In the grand scheme of things, all these types of lists ultimately don't mean frick all at the end of the day & I'm sure it would hardly cause kd to lose any sleep over it, as she probably has bigger things to worry about. Still, it just sucks beyond believe that kd was overlooked.

1 comment:

janina said...

hi lisa ~ i couldn't agree with you more when it comes to k.d. lang. i think she is way under rated and one of the best female and diverse singers of our time.

you have to wonder how or why these lists exist sometimes and where they get these names from but she's tops on my list.

all the best, janina